Dr. Andrés Marcos
April 2016 - Feb 2020
B.Sc. 2009 (Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal)
M.Sc. 2011 (Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal / Technische Universiteit Delft, Netherlands)
Ph.D. 2019 (TASC, University of Bristol, UK) *co-advised with Dr. S. Bennani (ESA-ESTEC)*
Projects: UK Space CEOI-ST NSTP2 & DLR/ESA-ESTEC/UoB NPI
* PhD fees funded through an EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnership *
Pedro's PhD looks at advanced robust modelling, analysis and design techniques (LFT/LPV, mu/IQC and Hinf/LPV) for aerospace systems. The first part of his work (the UKSA NTSP2 project) will use the Phobos Sample Return mission to provide Airbus-ST (Stevenage) with advanced design and analysis Guidance and Control capabilities during the approximation and descend to Phobos. The second part of his work (DLR/ESA/UoB ADD-Relief) looks at the application of these techniques to Reusable Launch Vehicles (RLV), with potential demonstration on DLR/ESA EAGLE platform.
January 2019 - [expected December 2022] *co-advised with Thomas Ott, Airbus D&S, Friedrichshafen (ADS-FDH)*
M.Sc. 2018 (ISAE SUPAERO – ENSICA, FR)
Project: “Integrated Multi-Actuator CONtrol System for Payloads LoS and Satellite Attitude Pointing (MACON)”
The main objective of this PhD is to investigate advanced control design techniques and architectures for Multi-Actuation/Multi-Body spacecraft, using the ATHENA mission as benchmark.
Dr. Diego Navarro-Tapia
June 2019 -->
B.Sc. 2010 (University of Málaga, Spain, & École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland)
M.Sc. 2014 (University of Málaga, Spain & DLR-Oberpfaffenhofen)
Ph.D. 2019 (TASC, University of Bristol, UK) *co-advised with Dr. Samir Bennani (ESA-ESTEC)*
Diego was a PhD candidate with TASC from June 2015 to May 2019. During his PhD he was funded by the ESA-ESTEC Network/Partnering Initiative (NPI) VEGAdapt (and with PhD fees funding through an EPSRC Doctoral Training Parternship) to investigate methodological robust and adaptive control design techniques for the future VEGA Evolution launcher. The study was performed in partnership with the G&C group at ELV, responsible for the G&C design of VEGA.
Now, Diego is working in an ESA project led by SENER on AOCS Verification and Validation for satellites applying the same modeling, design and analysis techniques developed during his PhD.
PhD. 2019 (TASC, University of Bristol, UK) *co-advised with Prof. M. Lowenberg (UoBristol)*
B.Sc. 2011 (University of Pisa, Italy)
M.Sc. 2014 (University of Pisa, Italy)
Current position: Post-Doctoral Associate at ETH-Zurich
Andrea was a PhD candidate with TASC from September 2015 to May 2019. During his time with us he worked in the H2020 FLEXOP project where he investigated advanced linear (mu) and nonlinear (bifurcation) analysis techniques to better determine the flutter envelope for the future flexible commercial aircraft.
- Industry visitor. 2 weeks October 2014. Mr. Daniel Santamaria (CATEC, Spain). Work on H-infinity FTC for Rotary UAVs.
- ESA visitor. 2 weeks March 2015. Mr. Pedro Simplicio (ESA-ESTEC). Work on mu-analysis and LFT modelling for VEGA launcher vehicle.
- PhD visitor. October 2015-September 2016. Mr. Li Tong “Rocket Demonstration of H-infinity FDI Techniques”. National University of Defense Technology (NUDT), China.
- Academic visitor. 2 weeks October 2017. Prof. Peter Seiler (University of Minnesota, USA). Work on advanced IQC & ROA algorithms.
- Academic visitor. 4 weeks November 2018. Mr. Ryoichi Takase (University of Tokyo, Japan). Work on flight control design, VISION project.
- Research visitor. 4 weeks February 2019. Dr. Masayuki Sato (JAXA, Japan). Work on flight control design, VISION project.
- Research visitor. 4 weeks October 2019. Mr. Jose Alfredo Maces Hernandez (DLR, Bremen). Work on preparation of flight testing on EAGLE VTOL craft of advanced controllers and load-relief schemes.
- Dr. Samir Bennani (ESA-ESTEC, The Netherlands). ESA Launcher Control Expert.
- Dr. Christophe Roux (ELV, Italy). ELV Guidance and Control Expert.
- Prof. Mark Lowenberg (Univ. Bristol, UK). Professor in Flight Dynamics.
- Prof. József Bokor (SZTAKI, Hungary). Research Director and Professor in Control.
- Prof. Chris Edwards (Exeter Univ.) Professor in Control Engineering.
- Dr. Jean-Marc Biannic (ONERA, France). Research Director in Flight Dynamics & Control.
- Mr. Eric Joffre (Airbus D&S, Stevenage, UK). Flight Dynamics and AOCS engineer.
- Dr. Sato Masayuki (JAXA, Japan). Flight Control Research Expert.
- Prof. Peter Seiler (UMN, USA). Associate Professor Aerospace Control Engineering.
- Mr. Thomas Ott (Airbus D&S, Friedrichshafenm, Germany). AOCS Expert.
- Dr. Stephan Theil (DLR, Bremen, Germany). Space Navigation and AOCS Expert.
- Dr. Saleh S. Delshad. February 2016 - September 2016.
- Dr. Nandor Terkovics. November 2015 - October 2017.
- Dr. Sérgio Waitman. October 2017 - August 2019.